Sunday 15 December 2013

Motherhood

Today, I read an article about being a woman and being a mother in the modern age and I can't help but feel overwhelmingly terrified. I want to be a good mother. However, I also want to work. I want to have a career and the time to fulfil my dreams. I don't want being a mother be my only identity. But I don't want to neglect my children. I want to always be there when they need me. I want to watch every moment of their development. I keep on wondering, 'Will I be a good mother?'

I think (from the experience of half-raising my brothers), that being a parent will always be difficult. That we won't always be correct and there will definitely be mistakes made. And despite always having our child's best interest in mind, the result won't always end up good. I just hope that my children (my brothers included) will grow up and become decent human beings who are considerate of others.

After so much thinking, I remember I'm 22. And these thoughts are quite early but 22 isn't that young either. I have to think about the future. The future is both terrifying and exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment